CTU/ IT175/ Unit 3 IP
Research 3 Platform as a Service (PaaS) providers, and identify why they may be considered as potential PaaS providers for the current supply chain program.
Platform as a service provider, abbreviated as PaaS, is a system service in which investments are arranged, safeguarded or/and administered. It also involves the disbursement of retail investment good. This distribution of these products is done by retail clients who are offered the products by more than one provider of the products. In this service provider, there is neither any sole payment nor supplementary offer to the activity of managing investments for the retail client.
There are many examples of platform as a service provider but the common ones are Amazon web services, Microsoft azure, Google cloud platform among others. These three service provider are the largest and most common types of platforms as a services providers in the word. They are seen as potential platform as a service provider because, for example, the Microsoft azure is the second largest provider and it is seen as a potential providers in the current chain program due to its innovative nature of launching new services in the market yearly. This shows that it is growing as the time goes on making business men see it as a potential service provider.
For Google cloud platform, it does not use programs from other services providers, rather, it uses its own program which customers spend little amount compared to the others. Also, it keeps on expanding its worldwide data center capacity as compared to the other service providers (Ballon, 2011). This helps it keep on growing making it be seen as a potential platform, provide in the current chain supply program.
The Amazon web services are the largest platform as a service provider worldwide. it has been expanding over the years due to many customers who use it hence it resulting to one of the potential platform as a service provider in the current supply chain program.
Identify potential benefits and risks that may be unique to each PaaS provider
Some of the benefits and risks of these three plat form as a service provider are all the same.
Amazon web service. (Benefits)
1. There is no commitment in that all services offered are charged on hourly basis, Therefore one can only be charged up to the hour he or she stopped using the server.
2. Reduced charges hence getting rid of negotiations.
3. It has a very well maintained security compared to the other service providers.
4. It is more flexible in that a customer may visit a multiple number of servers without being confused and at the same time.
5. It is the leading PaaS provider worldwide hence reaching many people globally.
1. It is more expensive compared to the Microsoft azure and Google cloud system.
2. It is hard to learn therefore involves a longer process for one to know compared to the other service providers.
3. Although it is the largest worldwide, some countries are not able to utilize it due to imperfectness.
Microsoft Azure (Benefits).
1. It is highly available compared to the other service providers.
2. Its security is of higher standards in comparison with the other providers.
3. The cost of Microsoft azure is lower compared to the one for Amazon web service.
1. It requires higher management levels compared to Amazon web service.
2. it does not have many customers compared to the other local servers since it requires a lot of expertise for them to operate it.
Google cloud platform (benefits).
1. It offers big data management as compared to the other service providers as well as enabling its users to learn through the machines.
2. It contains a platform independent tool or a machine known as Google’s open-source which is not found in all other platform as a service providers.
3. It less costly compared to Microsoft azure and Amazon web services
1. It is not widespread like the Microsoft azure and Amazon web services
Include in your analysis a general discussion on budgeting considerations.
Platform as a service provider always deal with the customers directly since they are the ones who enter data and control the functionality of the servers. The more the time one spends on the server, the more costly it becomes. That means, the customer who is using the service providers has the freedom to manage his or her time and his or her money. Therefore in general, Platform as Service providers does not restrict their customers on how to spend their money or time.
Include a summary that details the PaaS provider that you would select, with justification.
As for me, I would prefer using Microsoft azure as my platform as a service provide. This is because if the following benefits, its flexibility in delivery models, the level of security for users information, its scalability that is how is its progress both in long and short terms, how is the level of its services. Another reason why I will choose Microsoft azure is its relation or intermingling with the other applications. This helps in knowing or determining the length of my implementation processes.
Another reason why I would choose this type of service provider is its functionality with the different types of operating system of my computer. This will help me determine its compatibility with the future it in my organization (Jain 2010).
Bhardwaj, S., Jain, L., & Jain, S. (2010). Cloud computing: A study of infrastructure as a service (IAAS).
Gonçalves, V., & Ballon, P. (2011). Adding value to the network: Mobile operators’ experiments with Software-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service models.