In a short paper (2-3 pages), please address each of the topics below with a 2-3 paragraph narrative for each section.
1. Course Content: Describe the most important aspects of this course for you with respect to the content that was covered or activities in which you participated. Discuss the relevance and value or the practicum assignment with respect to your knowledge acquisition.
2. Application of Course Content: Describe how you applied what you learned in this course at your workplace. Discuss how this course may have impacted your specific job, techniques you used at work, or other relevant aspects that show how what you learned was linked to your job.
3. Job Experience Integration: Describe how your work experiences were used in the classroom and attributed to your performance in the course. Discuss how integrating your work experiences in class activities assisted in understanding topics discussed within the course.
In this course, students research leading tools, technologies and methodologies used in identifying, prioritizing and mitigating information system threats and vulnerabilities; identify and evaluate security controls; and formulate risk mitigation strategies.
At the conclusion of this course students will be able to:
· To evaluate the role of basic networking and operating system functions in defining and qualifying security risks
· To demonstrate knowledge of network and system vulnerability assessment terms and techniques
· To utilize standard and advanced tools, techniques and methodologies that support the delivery of network and system vulnerability assessments
· To demonstrate the use of a repeatable methodology for performing detailed network and system vulnerability assessments
· To demonstrate a systematic approach to testing for vulnerability false-positives