DUE DATE IS ON 17 JULY 2018 11.00 PM
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIAN TIME
NO PLAGARISM AT ALL PLEASE
|Word limit||1000 – 1200|
|Submission Guidelines||· All work must be submitted on Moodle by the due date along with a title Page.
· The assessment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2.54 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings.
· Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using IEEE referencing style.
Blockchain is a new and upcoming transforming technology designed as a complete decentralised system. “Block” represents the set of records that needs to be saved and “Chain” links those blocks together for security purpose with the help of hashing function. Blockchain is simply a database containing transactions that are validated by network community instead of a single centralised authority. After validation the data in the form of a block is linked to the previous block, hence creating a Blockchain. Blockchain gained its recent popularity because of its applications like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Students need to read three to four articles about Blockchain Applications to explore how these applications work and their different features. Students can choose to research about any Blockchain application, like:
The articles must be from the books, conferences or journals. The sources of information must be reported in IEEE format at the end of your report.
· Task 1
Write a report covering and detailing two Blockchain applications while emphasizing on the following aspects:
· Field and Purpose of the application
· Working model of the application
· Scalability issues
· Features and Weaknesses of the application
· Socio-Technical aspects
· Task 2
Prepare a Powerpoint presentation discussing the main features of the decentralised architecture of Blockchain. The Powerpoint presentation should have at least 10 slides and students should present for 6-8 minutes during lab time in Week 8.
· Do not use Wikipedia as neither source nor reference.
· Read articles from the books or the ones published in journals and conferences for each topic and then rewrite those using your own words.
· Use IEEE style referencing, and make sure to properly reference any diagrams/ graphics.
Students has to submit only one word document on Moodle which includes task 1 and task 2. At the end of task 1, copy the slides from task 2 and paste it into the same document then upload it on Moodle.
|Sections to be included in the report||Description of the section||Marks|
|Introduction||Brief introduction about Blockchain and outline of the complete report||3|
|Task 1||Discussion of the following aspects of two Blockchain applications:
· Features and Weaknesses
· Socio-Technical aspects
|2* 10 = 20|
|Conclusion||A complete summary of the report including all important findings||3|
|Reference style||Follow IEEE reference style for both report and presentation||4|
|Task 2:||The powerpoint presentation evaluation will be based on:
· Quality of presentation ( layout, structure, organisation etc.)
· Quality of content and information
· Presenters knowledge of the topic and ability to answer the questions