Technology Planning in Human Services Organization Analysis Paper – (20%of final grade)
Students will select a specific human services organization and report on how technology planning is addressed in regards to the technology structure, software and hardware, the hiring of IT staff and any IT challenges that need to be addressed.(You may select your current organization, but a formal letter of permission should be acquired). Research should be gathered from available interviews with any key personnel (such as the director or IT staff), organizational publications, and/or other published material. The project is to be individually completed. The instructions for the project are:
1. Discuss the role of technology planning by describing the role of technology planning in meeting the organization’s mission.
2. Review, critically analyze and examine the structure of the organization and its effectiveness in technology planning. Address the following in your analysis. Who are the decision makers when it comes to technology planning? Is the organization utilizing technology planning to communicate with its stakeholders (i.e. clients, donors, other agencies)? Describe the structure and comment on what you believe are its weaknesses and strengths as it relates to technology planning. Be sure to include in your discussion as to whether or not the organization views technology planning as in achieving organizational goals and aligning their investments in technology planning with their efforts to further their organization’s mission.
3. Examine the financial aspect of technology planning in your selected organization. Discuss return on investment, budgeting and financial planning of new technology in your organization. Evaluate whether the government (i.e., Medicare, Medicaid) plays a role in your organization’s technology planning decisions. Describe ways that your organization finances its technology planning.
4. With the ever changing of technology for organizations the ultimate goal of technology planning is to achieve the organization’s mission. Address the following in your analysis. Is this goal of technology planning being achieved in your selected organization? In your explanation be sure to analyze from a variety of organizational perspectives and draw verifiable conclusions.
5. Address the following in your analysis. If you were an outside consultant hired by the organization or agency to analyze the organization’s technology planning for efficiency and effectiveness, what recommendations, both structural, strategic and tactical would you make to the senior management team and/or board of directors? Do you recommend outsourcing the technology planning activity? Why or why not?
This paper will be an in-depth analysis of technology planning in a selected human services organization. The student will apply the Saint Leo University core value of Excellence and professional Human Services standards and ethics (CSHE) in working with technology planning that best informs an understanding of the analysis.
This paper must be between 12 -15 pages, typed and double-spaced. (12 pages of content are required). Graphs and visuals may be included but do not count towards the content pages. Correct spelling, grammar, and sentence structure are imperative. References must appropriately cited in the body of the paper (in text citations) with a reference page included. Paper format must follow the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA; 6thedition). The project must be prepared in MS Word and uploaded to the associated Assignment Folder by the deadline for the weekly module which is before Saturday, August 18, 2018, at 11:59 PM ET.
The Assignment Folders are found in Activities on the D2L Navigation bar. The Assignment Folders are linked to Turnitin® as one method of reviewing for plagiarism. Late papers are not accepted. To be graded, a paper must be submitted by the deadline in MSWord to the correct Assignment Folder and reviewed by Turnitin®. NO LATE PAPERS WILL BE ACCEPTED. A grading rubric is posted in the D2L module for the week in which the presentation is