Case Study 1: Keylogger Scam Due Week 3 and worth 100 points Read the article titled: “Police Foil $420 Million Keylogger Scam” found on the eWeek.com Website located at http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Police-Foil-420-Million-Keylogger-Scam/ Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
1. Give an example of the measures, you believe, the government or society can implement to deter these types of crimes.
2. Using the categories presented in chapter two (2) of the textbook, categorize the type of modern attack(s) or computer crime(s) that were committed in this case.
3. Identify the technologies that exist to deter or reduce the threat of these types of computer crimes, and determine the effectiveness of these technologies to deter this specific crime.
4. Summarize similar success stories by similar government agencies within the U.S. and include the criminals that were caught, the agencies (if any) that were involved, and the sanctions or charges the criminals faced.
5. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Compare and contrast the various types of computer crime.
· Describe the different types of computer attacks.
· Evaluate the ethical concerns that computer crimes raise in society and the impact of information technologies on crime, terrorism, or war.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in the investigation of computer crime.
· Write clearly and concisely about computer crime investigation topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric.